Saturday, July 14, 2012

bakers rack

When I lived in my apartment, I had a baker's rack in my kitchen. It's actually a plant holder I got from Home Goods, but it worked for this purpose as well.


At Shane's apartment, we have a galley kitchen. We barely have enough room for the trash barrel not to mention this baker's rack. So, it was bound to be outside the kitchen if we decided to use it. Which is exactly where we first put, right outside the kitchen.


It worked for a little while. I actually never really loved it there, but there really wasn't much more we could do with it. Then mom was coming to visit so we needed to put the air mattress in the Living Room and make more room.

So, we moved it on the other side of the wall, more in the "dining room" area.


I think I like it a little better there, just because it's in a room where it fits it's contents a little better (minus the stereo of course :D)

It got one more make-over this evening. I felt the stuff we had on the cut-out shelf looking into the kitchen needed to be cleaned off desperately! It had the wine rack and the alcohol on it. So, I moved everything onto the rack.

 Here's one last picture of it:


Just one more step in the organizing/decorating process of the rooms. But, every little bit helps! Since we don't have walls that separate the rooms, I want to try and get the things that are room appropriate into these spaces to help break it up some. We'll see how that works!

Peace and <3



No comments:

Post a Comment