Saturday, April 20, 2013

patterns

Hi All!!
 
I'm super happy because my job is going well and I'm enjoying the environment tremendously! It's amazing what a good cultured company can do for your health!
 

The past couple of weeks have been filled with transition to my job and learning all the ropes. It's been very exciting; but also exhausting.

Aside form that, the only new things going on, is crocheting. I know, it's not new really. But, I have been going to these "sit 'n stitch" sessions on Thursday evenings at a local yarn shop. The group that goes is very diverse and all so welcoming. It's free, and I usually met my friend Kelley there around 7. So we stay until about 9.

I purchased a book when I went this past Thursday. It's called "Comfort Knitting and Crochet Afghans"

 
Image via www.examiner.com 

There are several things that drew me to this book:
  1. It is for crocheting
  2. I signed up for a free knitting class in May. Since this has knitting patterns in it as well, it's like getting 2 for one!
  3. It was only $20!
  4. I've been a little obsessed with chevron and it has a pattern in there for it!
I've been oogling over all the pretties they have in there! Since I currently know how to crochet, I've been mainly sticking with those, but even the knitting ones are so lovely!

Here is the chevron that I want to make
 
Love the colors on this one

 
This one looks easy enough ;)
 
 
And I love this one with the flowers!
 
 

As far as the knitting ones go, I'm really loving the red on this one
 
 Now all I need is about 10 more hours in a week and another job to support my yarn purchases! :)

Happy knitting/crocheting all!

No comments:

Post a Comment