Saturday, September 22, 2012

light it up!

Shane and I both brought some light into this relationship. And, while it's typical for items to clash and not necessarily get along. It's a little crazy when everything is the same!

At my apartment I had small lamps. The were basically "bedroom" lamps because, well up until 2 years ago, I only had a bedroom to light :D

Aside from my array of bedroom lamps I brought in to the mix a floor lamp. As luck would have it, so didn't Shane. About 2 to be exact! (insert sarcasm here!) Now we have 3 floor lamps and a bunch of little lamps. We need to go lamp shopping!



There's been many of conversations surrounding lamps (more than I think healthy)! We first decided that we want to purchase two lamps. One for the end table right outside the kitchen doorway. And, one for on top of either the book shelf in the "entryway" or the tall shelf we have all the electronic equipment on. I personally want it on the book shelf, but I may need to give up something else to get my way on that one :D

We then discussed the height of the lamp we wanted. For the table, a medium sized lamp should do. As for the entertainment shelf, I want fat and more of a bowl style base, but not too high. I love color, which is a little different for Shane. He is really into browns, rustic and silvery tones. While I am all for those as well, and most of my furniture and accessories are of the same nature as his. We just have too much of it going on. So, we need COLOR!!

Here is our path down the lamp journey!


We discussed silly, with the leg lamp!
Personally, I think this lamp is pretty cool and would not be ashamed of displaying it in our home :)

 
 
We've gone into Home Goods, Lowe's, TJ Maxx, Marshalls
They all have the same lamps. Very modern and funky.
 

 
 
 
Shane surprised me one day we were in Lowe's when he pointed out a Tiffany style lamp he liked.
Really!? I almost jumped into his arms!
I love the different glass textures of the Tiffany style!
The problem is the price tag!
This one is $400!!
 
 
 
 
One like this lovely-ness from Pottery Barn would work for the entertainment shelf
This particular one costs $170, but we may be able to find one similar somewhere else
 
 
So, that's our journey through lamp land! I think the consensus will probably be a Tiffany style for the table by the kitchen and one like the Pottery Barn ceramic lamp for the entry way!
 
Which do you think? Is it difficult for you to shop lamps?
 
Peace and <3!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment