Sunday, October 28, 2012

lamp!

I'm so sad! We purchased a lamp from Goodwill and we planned to snap pictures and show you the process that we took to paint it. All very exciting!

But, some how I deleted the before pictures and all I have left is the after :(

So, here is our lamp that we finally decided to put in the living room on the entertainment stand! woohoo!! I can cross an item off on my list!!


We purchased this lamp for only $10 at Goodwill. It had a really ugly bird on it with all these flowers. Very '70s.

Off to Lowe's we went, cause it's right across the street and super awesome! Every trip I take there I have to walk through the lumber section because the smell reminds me of my dad <3

We purchased a can of Valspar spray paint in Stone. The stuff, is pretty amazing!  It came out like little flakes of stone and then it adhered to the lamp like mud. Interesting stuff.

We sprayed only two coats of it, because well, our "thin" coats are more than generous coats! We like to be thorough and make sure everything is hit! The only problem we had was around the base. Realizing after the fact that the base comes off, we'll need to go back and take it off to the bottom again.

But, after a $20 lapshade, I think we did pretty well with our $30 lamp!! LOVE IT!

<3

4 comments:

  1. I love all the stuff you did. I miss decorating. It's hard to do when you have an extra tall 20 month old with sticky fingers. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yes, but I would take that little boy over all these things any day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job Krissy, you are becoming such a neat homebody. I am
    so proud of you since your bedroom was such a mess.... while
    you were going up :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mom! Yes I know my room was a mess, on some days it still it! But, we've started even making our bed! :)

      Delete