Monday, November 5, 2012

kitchen shelves

Happy Monday, Folks! It was quite difficult for me to get out of bed this morning! Certainly one of those days when I'd rather be snuggled in the blankets! But, I got up and got going!

Side note: Starting this Wednesday I will be working 2pm-12a, and 3-12a shifts at the Hospital. We are implementing Physician Documentation in the Emergency Room and have to offer 24/7 support. Tomorrow I have off, then I work 6 days in a row. Saturday and Sunday aren't as bad with being able to work 12pm-8pm and then 1pm-8pm. But, I will certainly be happy when I can get back to my normal 7a-330p!

Now, get in the kitchen and make me a sandwich! :-P

After our post about the Vintage Kitchen here, we couldn't wait to get started on the other side of the kitchen!

Since our cabinets are flush against the wall, we miss out on utilizing the tops of them as extra storage. I knew right away that I wanted to hang a shelf over the cabinets above the cut through, which is above our sink. It was just a matter of finding the right ones!

That's where IKEA come in! We went there last Saturday, and found the perfect one, basically right away! That almost never happens for us!!


Equals this....


It's amazing what I difference it makes! And I love the wood that we got the shelves in too! It's the grey-brown finish. What I love most about it is, it's not just a flat stain. It has a worn look to it, and looks very homey to me!


 
Shane was such a sport in hanging it up! He ran into a few glitches, but I was so impressed with how quickly he was able to assemble and hang it all!

Which is probably a good thing on his part, because his girlfriend was itching to have it done too! Because, as you can image, I couldn't wait to have it up and ready so I could start loading up the goodies on it!



 
Hope you all enjoy the beginning of your week!
 
 


Night all! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment