Monday, May 14, 2012

I like to read. In fact, if I didn't have to work, cook or clean I could read ALL day!

I always have a problem though, with books.
I just have too many on my list to read and tend to get a bit overwhelmed.
And, then the list either falls apart and I don't read the books I intended on reading
Or, I read some and buy new

This summer though, I have a new strategy
Read book series and alternate through the books!

It's genius! :)
 
1. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
*The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
* The Girl Who Played With Fire
* The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest

2. Harry Potter
*Sorcerer's Stone
*Chamber of Secrets
*Prisoner of Azkaban
*Goblet of Fire
*Order of the Phoenix
*Half-Blood Prince
*Deathly Hallows (do you know that I still haven't seen this movie yet!?)

3. Hunger Games
*Hunger Games
*Catching Fire
*Mockingjay

4. A Song of Ice and Fire

*Game of Thrones
*A Clash of Kings
*Storm of Swords
*A Feast for Crows
*A Dance with Dragons

Starting off the summer reading is...
Game of Thrones
(Then, once complete, I'll go back up to series #1, with Girl Who Played with Fire
 ...and then work my way down again)

I think this will be the best way for me to mix up the books so they all get equal attention
I'll work through my reading list faster
And, I won't get bored reading about the same thing

There are still several books I want to read that are not parts of series
We'll leave those for another entry though.
For example; J.K. Rowling's new book
*The Casual Vacancy
Now, if I could only deal with the no working thing?
Cleaning and Cooking I actually like to do! :)

Peace & <3

2 comments:

  1. Great plan!! I have all if the Steig Larson books (for your 1st set) that you are welcome to borrow. Same for the Hunger Games series. Just let me know. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kristi! I will probably borrow them because I'm trying to cut down on buying books! I'll buy them after I read them if I really liked them :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete