Sunday, May 13, 2012

It's been a very hectic couple of weeks. Work has been interesting and I have also been doing a lot of different things with Dr's.

I'll explain:

About 6 or so months ago I was having a feeling of dizziness/lightheaded-ness that I contributed to be associated with my teeth. At the time I had a really bad root canal done and my tooth was infected. It was eventually extracted, which I then in turn thought would eliminate the dizziness.
It didn't.

I finally convinced my Dr that something was wrong aside from the anemia she recently diagnosed and the teeth problems. She referred me to a neurologist.

He has been nothing but a jerk since the day I went to him. His bed side manner is HORRIBLE!

The first day Shane came with me. Dr Dash did a serious of neurological exams and also tested my balance. His diagnosis; some french thing he needed to Google to find out the spelling for. And, that I had symptoms of migraines.

He put me on something that interfered with my birth control. This is only a problem since my Dr has me on a treatment plan using the BC to help treat it. So, I told him this wasn't going to work. He fought with me and fought with me, but finally after I told him that I could not take it, he caved.
1 point for me!

He put me on Gabapentin. Which is the generic of Neutrotin.

For someone who has never had a problem with migraines, although he said I was having the symptoms of someone who did; well I have them now. But, the dizziness and lightheaded-ness somewhat subsided.

I went back to him complaining about the increase in headaches. He didn't know what to do and it showed when he gave me 4 options and asked that I choose one; really!?

1. To stop Gabapentin all together - this may bring back dizziness but help the headaches
2. Go to something all together - where then I would have to fight with him all over again about the interactions and I wasn't about to do that
3. Go on a lower dose of Gabapentin - apparently the dumb ass put me on 300mg first, even though there is a 100mg dose tablet out there!
4. Keep taking what I'm taking in hopes this is just a side effect

I picked number 3.

So, currently I am taking 2 100mg Gabapentin at bedtime. Today I am going to add 1 100mg tablet around noon time, because I still get headaches during the day and I'm hoping taking that extra one during the day will help.

I am also, in the process of finding an new neurologist for a second option.

Honestly, it's been such a whirlwind and craziness episode, it's been too much to type. So, for all those who I haven't told; sorry :( It's just been so insanely difficult and exhausting that I haven't really even wanted to talk about it.

But, I am feeling a little better; so here it all is!

Hope all you mom's have a wonderful Mother's Day!!! <3

3 comments:

  1. Hi Krissy, I would have picked #3 too. Get another doctor. Good luck. Love you.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dave! I am getting a second opinion! I'll let you know how it goes! Love you and miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness baby girl! Headaches are just cruel...and I don't know why some people get them and I am sorry your one...Tell your thoughts to the doctors,and don't hold back, remember they are people too....I work with four of the most amazing women doctors and are very sympathetic to pain. A neurologist is not a bad idea, nor is a massage therapistor a chiropractor. The concept of pain is to find the origin. There are all kind of issues that will cause head aches and pain all revolves around the spine. Love you !!!

    ReplyDelete