Tuesday, January 22, 2013

going on this week

"Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step"
Martin Luther King, Jr

I had yesterday off, and started writing this post then, hence the MLK quote. I didn't get a chance to finish, so I'm just going to continue working off of it!

We finally get holidays off at the hospital, and yesterday was the first of 8! I met my friend Kelley for coffee in the morning and then cleaned and crocheted the rest of the day away!

I wanted to share with you some new things around the house. We haven't made too many changes. The living room has opened up so much more now that all the Christmas decorations are down! It's nice to have all this "space" back!

Walking around some you will see that we pushed our dining table back against the wall some and added a little end table to our "entrance way" by the door



There is just enough space for this that it doesn't hit the door when it's opened.

 
I actually switched out this place mat at the last minute yesterday. I had already taken the photo and way lazy to retake it. So, this is old news already. Sorry! :D
 
 
Dressed up the bed some with a pretty skirt! I love our mattress - it's a Bob-o-pedic. But, the only downside is the height of the mattress. So, it is really high off the bed frame. So, instead of having the skirt go all the way down to the floor, we have it just covering the box spring and frame.
 
 
Bought this wine rack at Home Goods a couple of weekends ago. It hasn't gone up yet, but it's going to go up over the baker's rack. Can't wait to share pics of that!
 



We picked this up at Walmart last weekend. I don't really have a place for wrapping paper, so I always end up throwing it out. This way, we can keep all sorts of rolls under the bed!


And...I've started my spinach smoothies again. Need to bring that iron back up since I've been so great about taking my multi-vitamin and vitamin c every day :)

Oh, and last but not least...except many of you know this from facebook because I'm just so excited about it, Shane's mom taught me how to crochet. Here is what I have so far with the granny square stitch


That's all the updates for tonight! Shane and I have some projects we're working on in the house. And, I of course have a few others I want to finish. So, stay tuned for the following:

- Gallery Wall in Dining Room
- Vinyl words in Dining Room
- Exciting additions to FlashyPics
- Fireplace mantel
- Table by the door
- Painting the bedroom
- woohoo!

Enjoy your night all! :)

1 comment: