Monday, March 5, 2012

places for things

I gave my notice to my landlord!!! The only thing that changed was the date that I would be moving out. I told him as of April 1st I was out.

I found out, it's Maryland law, that if there is nothing in the lease that indicates penalties for early termination, the owner can rightfully request that the remaining months in the lease be paid by the tenant. Of course, my lease does not have anything pertaining to an early termination. But, luckily for me, my landlord rocks and we've maintained a good relationship that he is letting me go with a two month penalty.

I will only have to pay up to May in the event he doesn't find someone to rent the place before then.
SO, we have plenty of time now to get me out of my place!!

Last weekend was very productive.

Sat I went to yoga and then over to my apartment to do some much needed cleaning. I was able to bag up all my clothes and get everything somewhat organized. While I was over there, Shane cleaned out the closets in the bedroom since that's been his main source of storage for all these years. By the time I came home, everything was in the living room. And, still somewhat is :) We need a dump run for the computers and totes for the remaining stuff so that can all go into storage!

Sunday we went looking for a dresser for me, since my armoire won't be coming here but going into storage. I had looked at IKEA online and found one that was Okay. After looking at a few local furniture stores we went to IKEA.

We started walking through all the rooms that they have set up and before even seeing the one I originally was thinking of, I saw this one right there in front of me.

It really was love at first sight :) Shane said that the look on my face when I opened the top drawer was priceless. He said he knew right there that I wanted this one.

It's so super cute how when you open the top drawer, there's this little drawer inside! They had jewelry in the model one, but I figure you could put pretty much anything in there

Thursday we got our storage unit! Yippee for storage! Now we just need to organize our stuff and get things moved in!

This past weekend I drove up to Lebanon, PA to meet my friend Dawn at the Expo center there. She was there with her friend Diane where they have a yearly rabbit convention. We spent the day there on Saturday walking around the convention and then leaving for dinner.

We went to this really neat restaurant Blue Bird Inn.
The food was decent, but the atmosphere was excellent. I had a great time visiting with them and getting to see a new place! It was sad to say goodbye on Sunday morning...it wasn't worth going home early to have the Pats lose!

Hope you all had a great past couple of weeks! 

Leave comments to let me know what you did!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment